Monday, May 5, 2014

Lessons From Dreams 5/6/2014

In the dream, everything was the same as it is here in my present reality, the only difference being that we lived in a different building. The job of teaching at CEI and all the people were the same and all the students we've met and taught. The students and their parents from one of our classes were at a school for a sports-day and Matt and Peter and I were there with them.

In the dream there was a break time from the sports activities and I was trying to introduce some board games to a student who seemed too shy. His father and mother were standing nearby watching him and they were not smiling at all.
As I began to introduce a game to the student, his father demanded that I stop teaching his son such terrible things. I knew in my mind that I had done nothing wrong, but the father said that he and his wife never allowed for his son to do games, not even sports.

I knew I had done nothing really wrong at that point and I could have walked away from the situation without causing any problems, but I was on edge from my sin and I fell into the temptation to curse this father for his poor parenting. I snapped at the parents in front of their son and told them how could they be so horrible to their son. I told the father he was so stupid and that he was damaging his son by not allowing him to have "fun" in his child's life. In the moment I knew I was using the wrong approach and that I was wrong to yell and curse at the father, but I went on and did it anyway.

I continued and the parents argued and yelled at me and demanded to see my boss who came quickly and she scolded me and apologized to the family and then told me to leave immediately. I continued to yell at the father and eventually I left after my boss threatened to have me sent home. 
I immediately went to find my team leader to warn him that I was probably being sent home now. I had to walk through a group of students we had taught a year ago and they recognized me and wanted to say hello and talk to me but somehow they knew something was wrong. I found my team leader and told him what had just happened and his only response was to look down in sadness.
Then I woke from the dream.

I think God wants me to remember some lessons from this dream:
- Even when so many parents are doing the job wrong or seem to be hurting their children, using a hasty and angry approach is wrong of us and often only more damaging Take time and love to teach them and suggest alternatives and make a case for. points you may disagree with and if they continue to disagree or disapprove or even go so far as to scold you or provoke you, leave the situation and pray for them.
- Avoid scolding parents in front of their children, it may cause more problems than one can imagine.
- Trust in Christ to be the ultimate teacher for yourself and for others He will bring justice and we are not his judges, we are merely his servants, but we must also be wise and discerning, if we think a student is in danger we. can inform our leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment